Back home

I am back home from a holiday in France at my Mum's with the 2 little ones. It has been a very busy time with lots to do. The wedding for which I had made the hats and my clothes customisation went well. I finish my daugther's shoes on the way there on Friday. Need to post a picture really but I don't have one now. The hats have been admired!

My brother's 30th party was great on Sunday. I gave him my mystery present I had posted about before on the blog. I made him a chalk/magnetic board picturing his 2 jobs and passions: tractors (John Deere) and trucks (Scania). I was planning to make some personalised magnets for the board for him but I haven't been able to find the right pictures so far so I have asked for his help to localise some for me. I think he likes it.

We also had a family meal for my Grand-Mum's 80th birthday on 14 July (Bastille Day) and I am ashamed to report that I gave her an uncompleted present. Despite spending some time on my hens on 13th and 14th morning, I didn't manage to finish my wall-hanging. I did put the top together and the 3-layer sandwich but I didn't have time to quilt it. It is so much harder to work away from home and it doesn't help to use a sewing machine you're not used to! Anyway, I gave her her present and took it back to finish it for next time we are going back. I now have under 2 weeks to finish it. Watch this space!

I haven't got much more to report on the quilting/sewing front really because I haven't found time to do anything else. I was planning to get started on my hexies but still haven't found time. I had taken home a box with a few projects I could work on but I haven't touch any. Never mind, I spent some quality time with my family and the kids enjoyed their time there as well.

Hopefully I will have more to report soon as I have only 6 days left until I return to work. My maternity leave is coming to an end and I will start work again next Wednesday.

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

September in the Hexagon!

It is snowing...