Some things to show

At last I have some things to write about. Well I could tell you that I have been up from 4.30 am this morning because Charlotte had decided that she didn't want to sleep anymore. Teething? Maybe... It was a long day at work today after such an early start... But what I want to tell you about is the very little progress I have made lately.

First I have finally managed to take a picture of the latest pair of booties I made for Charlotte, finished just in time for the wedding in France about 10 days ago. I used a pattern from Amy Butler's book "Little Stitches for Little One" to make those cuties. This book is a treasure of lovely items for children, if only I had time to try out more patterns...This was the third pair I made her. They are really fun and easy to make and they get noticed!

Her first pair is below. I made it in April before I took her to her first ever quilt show in Holland.

And I have finally to switch on my sewing machine the last 2 evenings (if I exclude the pirate belt I made for Maxime for their pirate day at playgroup). The machine has not been on for long but I have managed 2 blocks for the blocklotto. While making the blocks I used the No Waste Flying Geese method for which Sophie has written a tutorial and I must say it is brilliant. Easy and fast! I shall use it again in the future. This month is all about Japanese fabrics, I love them! I would so much love to win a set of blocks this time. Fingers crossed. I hope I'll be able to make more blocks before the end of the month but there is only just over one week left...

Well, time to go to bed now before I fall asleep at the desk...

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

Blog hop and a giveaway