Holiday work

I did manage a little sewing while we were away on holidays. I finished 2 blocks for the Shabby Roses BOM: *SMILE* and *PEACE* that I had started at Christmas. Here they are (the colours on my pictures are quite dull probably because it was so grey this afternoon):
I also got started on *TRUST*:

On the way back, I picked up one Dear Jane triangle that I had prepared before going away and started the applique. No, you are not dreaming, I have indeed picked up my Dear Jane again. One triangle in progress:

Do you remember my "Sweetie Bag"?

Well this is what it looks like after my holidays...

I had noticed a little while ago that one of my seam allowance wasn't right on the outside bag (near the middle of a square) and the edge of the fabric was showing ready to fray. I thought for a while about mending it by adding a strip to cover the issue but I wasn't pleased with the idea. So on the way back from holidays, while we were in the car and there wasn't much for me to do (the kids were sleeping, peace!), I decided to unpick the binding and the seam to be redone. I ended up taking all the units apart after I checked all the seams. Now I have a bag in kit that I need to fix. I am so glad I took it apart though. I hate unpicking but I didn't fancy the *lazy*option either. Hopefully I will report that the bag is finished *again* soon!
Good night!
Celine

Comments

  1. You did a lot while away, Celine! I love the stitcheries and I know what you mean about unpicking, especially a bag!!! But uff, once it is done it is such a relief! :) Wow, and a Dear Jane triangle as well? You have more than half of your blocks completed, already? wow!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

I am Hesat blouse

Little more progress

September in the Hexagon!