Swaps pictures

Today I finally trimmed my blocks for the block lotto. So what do you think, do I have the right - or left - attitude? Trimming the blocks the correct way was so hard, I nearly did it wrong on my last one so it isn't leaning as much...


On Wednesday I went to the preview of the V&A Quilts 1700-2010 exhibition. I will tell you all about that in another post very soon. Stay tuned if you are interested!

On my way to the exhibition, I started stitching on my framed hexie for this month as I hadn't made a start yet. I knew I wanted to do a Spring design but I couldn't find an idea initially. This swap is great because it is free in terms of design so make you stretch your imagination! This is my second month now and I am really enjoying it. Here is a sneak peek at my stitchery, not quite finished yet. Sue wanted me to use shades of purple but not too dark. Hope she likes it!

I also signed up for another swap on the craft online forum, a "Tuffet" swap. I finished my Tuffet or pincushion during the week but I hadn't had chance to take pictures yet. So I took advantage of the sun this afternoon. Here is a sneak peek:

I used scraps of fabrics I had left from a quilt I made a couple of years ago for my dear friend Barbara when I visited her in Sweden.

I made the quilt from Fat Quarters only (border not included) using a cutting technique described in Barbara Chainey's book:


That's all for tonight. Will try to catch up on some sleep after Baby Girl decided that it would be fun to have a ball from 12 am to 3 am last night. She slept until I woke her up at noon after that episode...

Good night!
Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am Hesat blouse

Little more progress

September in the Hexagon!