Framed hexie swap and other hexies report

I had disappeared for a while because we were on holidays. Straight after the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham we went to Center Parcs for a couple of days. The kids had a brilliant time and we managed to have some rest! It was really relaxed and peaceful. Mum came with us as well and enjoyed her grand-children for a bit longer as much as they and we enjoyed her company!

And at the week-end, it was their Christening which turned out to be a very lovely and enjoyable day. The ceremony was really nice and the rest of the day with the family was really pleasant. We came back home with DH's parents and nephew and niece who stayed with us for just under a week.

Big Boy started school full time while they were still there. A full house and chaotic life for a little while but it is back to normal now! I should be able to post a bit more often (that is if I have anything to report of course!)

I took potable sewing projects on holidays and I managed to grow my Hexies collection for the charm hexie quilt along. Not sure how many I have reached now, they're so addictive. I need to count them and post a picture! And I also made some progress on Dawn's Frosty Flake BOM. Have you started it? I have one block completed and 2 small hexies ready to be applique and embellished (Block 6 was released today so I am behind...). I'll post a picture of my completed flake once I have one!

For now, I can show you my August swap for the framed hexies. I made a pieced one for the first time with a Friendship Star in the middle:

and I received a lovely one from Doris

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!