Summery mug rug

I signed up for (yet another!) swap last month for mug rug. There was no specific theme and my partner's requirements were very open so I had lots of freedom of what to do! I looked at my partner inspiration mosaic and saw a lovely picture that caught my eye, so I used it as a base for my design.
I assembled the background of my rug with a selection of random sizes green/lime fabrics that I then sliced off and sew back together.
I then draw a flower free-hand and cut all the petals from a bright pink fabric that I fused to the back.
I then stitched over the petals with a contrasting black thread, quilted the background with a pebble stitch.

I find these little projects a great opportunity to practise my free motion skill. The pebble stitch is fun to try but very onerous in thread, I didn't have enough of one bobbin to stitch this tiny mat. I really like the effect on the front

and on the back!

I tried a single fold binding for this tiny quilt. I usually use double folded but I wanted a skinnier binding so as not to overshadow the mat too much. And this is the finished mug rug which is flying to America today, second OPAM for August!
Celine

Comments

  1. Very pretty. I know your partner will be thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOw gorgeous is that!Makes me feel happy. Love the pebbles quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse