Swaps and blocks

Wow, I can't believe it is nearly a week since I last posted. I don't know where the time goes, maybe in trying to keep sane leaving in a building site!

In the last few weeks, I received quite a few lovely goodies and sent some away too. Let's have a look at what have been flying in and out of our house!

First I received a lovely wall hanging from Karin in Sweden from the Modern She Made Swap. I asked for a wintry theme in blues and white so her mini quilt was perfect. Look at the gorgeous star quilting too!

She also made me a lovely placemat with the remaining fabric and sent me some lovely scraps.
I have been spoilt!

I also received a little parcel from Kris.
She is one of the two hostesses for the OPAM who encourages all of us playing along to finish at least one project a month. I finished 9 in October so that was a good month for me and I was picked in the draw to win! I was so thrilled to win and look what Kris has sent me, a cute pattern and some lovely fabric and thread.

I finished my ornament last week for the London Modern Quilt Guild Christmas Ornament swap. The meeting was on Sunday but sadly I couldn't attend. With the on-going never-ending building work, we had to sort out the garage to make some space for the hot water tank and of course we are still without a kitchen or main bathroom, which doesn't make life easy in the midst of the winter with 3 kiddos! So my little bird flew to Amy who kindly gave it to my partner. I took inspiration from Laurraine at Patchwork Pottery for my birdie. I really like it! Hope my partner did too! And that was my last OPAM for November!

November was my month in the Bee Weave It or Not and I asked for black and white blocks with a middle strip in a solid colour and a grey background. I must admit I copied Deb's idea in the Modern Minx Bee. When I joined the bee, I instantly decided I would ask for a black and white scheme but I really like the idea of a pop of colour like Deb's asked for in her blocks. I have now received 6 lovely blocks from Nydia, Melanie and Pam. I should still receive 16 more blocks!



The bee was running over 6 months and each month we are making 2 blocks for 2 members (4 blocks a month). I must admit I am behind with my blocks too. I still owe 6 blocks in total that I am hoping to finish veeery soon.

And I also sent my October (!) flowers to Gemma for the Inchy Hexie Swap.
I was a bit late on this one... I am yet to make my November and December ones too. Sadly I haven't received quite a few months of flowers either.
Celine

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, I totally love what you have done with your version of the black and white and a pop of color. And that is one of my fav blocks I have done too. I can't wait to get all of mine back. The ones I already have are fabulous. Can't wait to see yours all as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

Blog hop and a giveaway