more blocks this week

In an attempt to get 30 blocks completed by the end of the month, I have been madly chain piecing this week to make more blocks. I have mainly focused on my Farmer's Wife blocks and  I completed a grand total of 10 in a week- yeah! (but I'll do a separate post with the Linky party) but I also made various other blocks.
2 more double chevrons for my Mod Along Quilt


That's my January blocks completed, now I need to make 10 beads on a string for the February blocks (yes I am a bit behind already!)
So these 2 chevrons along with the 2 flowers and the 10 Farmer's Wife blocks gave me 24 blocks for the month. I needed 6 more to meet the 350 blocks challenge
Desperate times call for desperate measures so I started looking around my sewing room for fast and easy blocks to make before midnight! I first found a part pieced X-string block that I finished tonight:
And next I targeted my Impromptu blocks. I have all the 9-patch blocks to transform into floating 9-patch blocks. So I started on those but unfortunately, I didn't manage to finish 4 because the first one I made didn't come out very nicely so I thought it was silly to rush them through and be unhappy with the results (I hate unpicking). 
I suppose I could add the blocks I made for my mini but that would be cheating, I think! So I will finish my month with a grand total of 25 blocks for the 350 Blocks Projects: 2014 - 5 blocks short of the challenge. The goal for March is another 30 blocks, let's hope that with 3 more days in the month I can meet it!
My total this year is 57 blocks!
Celine

Comments

  1. You're doing great so far! Getting shorted those 3 days sure didn't help, did it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 57 is a great achievement. Those Farmer's Wife blocks are tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's quite an accomplishment for the year! February is a short month, so don't sweat it. you're right about not rushing and having to unpick later.

    Thanks so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

I am Hesat blouse

Little more progress

September in the Hexagon!