Some sewing from the past week and some projects

This week has been good I think, I was hoping to get caught up with all my bee blocks, well that doesn't quite work as I caught side tracked. The only block ready to go is my block for Bee Europa and one more block for the 350-blocks challenge

But this is what I spent most of my time on: I picked up my cat quilt in-progress to try and finish the top. This is my chosen project for the March Lovely Year of Finishes and the end of the month is coming quickly. Most of the blocks I had were made by my fellow bees last year for Bee Europa but I decided that the top was not big enough and I needed to have it 6 x 6 rather than 5 x 5. I made one extra block last year but I still needed 10 more.

So I made 10 more blocks this week (and that's 10 blocks more for the 350 blocks challenge!), Miss Strawberry Shortcake arranged them yesterday and I finished the top. Now I am planning to quilt it next week-end.
350-blocks challenge: 17 this month, just about one week to make 13 more!

And on the 30/30 Sewing Challenge, I progressed my cross stitch a little. I started March (OK I haven't finished January and hardly started February, but never mind!)
And I also made the first block of my You've Got Mail wall-hanging (finally!), which is also my NewFO challenge for March

Oh, and I also need to show you the lovely pin I won on Barbara's blog last month for the NewFO challenge. It couldn't suit me better, could it?

And finally (as if I didn't have enough projects already), I will take part in the Triangle Quilt Along which started on Friday.
TriangleButton800
I went shopping today to buy some blue for my quilt that I am planning to make for my friend's birthday. (A few came from my stash!)

Linking to 30/30 Sewing Challenge, Whoop Whoop Friday, NewFO Challenge, Anything Goes Monday, Brit Sewing Thursday Linky, Triangle Quilt Along.

Just Sew Sue

Celine




Comments

  1. You are amazing! So creative and so busy - AND you're a Mum!
    I love all your stitchy goodiness Celine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow 10 blocks is quite a bit to get done...way to sew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Another Triangle QALer : ) I really love the You've Got Mail block, Celine - that font print if wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love your cross stitch. I used to love doing that but got out of it. Yours is simply beautiful! Great job on all of your work last week. Good luck with All of them. :) Lol, I tend toward overbooking myself with projects too... there are just so many tempting things available to just stay on one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy, busy lady! Love your cross stitch:) I do hope you get to do that for yourself, it is so cute! I am not doing so well with my monthly plans either, oh well! Thanks for quilting along with me:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great "You've got mail" block. Love how you've used that cool fabric! I think I'll be seeing you at the Triangle QAL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, this has definitely been a good week for you! Wow! The "You've Got Mail" block might be my favorite, but it's hard to make that decision with all your great projects!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse