Teacher's presents

So today was finally the last day of term for the kids, the summer holiday has officially started and it will be very short with just under 6 weeks off. And of course, last night, I was frantically finishing the teacher's presents. I made some little key pouches from Heidi's tutorial (similar to the one I made last week for the sample swap at the Fat Quarterly Retreat). In total I made 10 of these little pouches: 1 as a trial that I kept for myself, 3 for the sample swaps, 5 for the teachers and 1 with strawberries for my Strawberry Swap partner.



And for the teachers I also made some little mug rugs. I shamelessly copied an idea from Colette Moscrop to make some pages from the kids notebook but with fabric pens.

The kids wrote their message on their homework page!
And I made this cute paper pieced hedgehog for Miss Strawberry Shortcake's teacher as she was in Hedgehog class this year and free-motion around the hedgehog.

and just some free-motion quilting for Mr Cars' teacher

2 little mug rugs which were given out today together with the keypouch.


So that makes it 12 OPAMs this month, wow! And also I can cross off one item on my Q3 Finish Along List.
Linking to Needle and Thread ThursdayI Quilt Thursday and to Free Motion Mavericks.
Celine

Comments

  1. They all are so cute. I need to make that little hedgehog for my daughter as she is obsessed with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful gift ideas. I love them all bt that hedgehog is so darn stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Celine,

    You have been busy! I love the hedgehog, he's really spiky.

    It would be lovely if you linked up to Free Motion Mavericks, a linky I have started on my blog every weekend..
    http://lizzielenard-vintagesewing.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/free-motion-mavericks-week-8-black.html

    Look forward to seeing you there!

    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the hedgehog! I started that pattern once, did something wrong and never finished it :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that little hedgehog! The quilting adds such nice texture :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse