It's a Sister Thing Swap

Earlier in the summer, Michele proposed a fun little swap: It's a Sister Thing. I haven't got a sister (in my real life) but I have a lovely brother (although he doesn't quilt! He has other passions though) so I thought it would be a fun swap and signed up. I knew straight away that I would make a sewing kit that I had made before and cut the fabric while I was away. I noticed that Penny had joined the hexie swap so I applique some little tiny hexies on my kit.


I also wanted to do a mini quilt for Penny but I wasn't sure what to make, even after stalking her. I went through my (large) collection of quilting book and selected the Fractal design from Ali's lovely Quilt Lab book which is rather neutral and made it with solids too. I really like the design and I can see more of these in my future!
I decided on a spiral for the quilting to contrast with the squares in the design

I finished the binding all by machine using a black batik I had left from my Batik Stars quilt.

Quilt stats: Fractal
Top: kona cotton solids and klona cotton solids
Backing and binding fabric: black batik
Size: 24' square
Machine pieced and machine quilted with Aurifil #4654.
Started and finished 30 Aug 14

These were my 2 last OPAMs for August and another item of my Q3 Finish-Along list
And this is the package I sent to Penny, with items picked at the Festival of Quilts, on holidays in France and here at home.

Now let me show you how Gina, my secret sister spoiled me rotten. Dive with me in the fantastic parcel that was waiting for me on my return from my holidays:
And now for a closer look at the goodies,
how cute is this mug rug, so cute and so white that I have actually hanged it onto the wall so nobody can touch it.

And now for the mini, I just completely love it. It is wonderful, fresh, modern, original... The mini made it straight from the box to my bedroom wall where it looks fantastic. Hubby loves it too actually.
Look at Gina's fantastic free-motion quilting as well (there is even my name on the quilt!)

Thank you very much Gina, I feel truly blessed to have such a generous and caring Secret Sister and I really appreciate your very thoughful and wonderful package. And thanks to Michele for organising such a fun swap.
Linking to It's a Sister's Thing Swap Linky Party and to Q3 Finish Along.
Celine

Comments

  1. Glad you like it. Love what you've made for Penny xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow on both fronts, both the goodies you sent and the goodies that you received. I'm so glad you enjoyed the swap and hope to see your name on a future swap list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved this swap! Both your bundles look amazing.
    That little bird in the hexie garden is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse