Hand quilting

On of the theme for Tuesday Archive at Val's blog today is hand quilting. Not something I do very often I must admit, as I can recall only one example where I have done hand quilting. And because this was long before I started my blog, I thought I'd create a specific post and share this quilt with you.

When one of my friend had her first baby (not long after my first baby!) in 2006 I set on to make her an alphabet quilt from a pattern I had found in Magic Patch. I applique all the squares by hand (on my work commute mainly)

and then decided that it would be better to hand quilt as well. So the quilt was not finished by the time the baby was born, but it was finished about 5 minutes before I went to visit her in December that year.




The quilt took me 4 months to make in total and is almost all hand sewn apart for the assembly of the top.

Unfortunately I haven't got many pictures and none with good lighting but hopefully you can see my effort at hand quilting.
Linking to Val's Tuesday Archive.

Celine

Comments

  1. I haven't hand quilted either...but this one you did is awesome! SO glad to see ya at Tuesday ARchives!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog hop and a giveaway

It is snowing...

September in the Hexagon!