The Doris Project Bag

Reene has designed this fabulous project/knitting bag (which could be used for plenty of crafts etc really) that I kept looking at on IG.

So when she asked if I would be interested in pattern testing for her, I jumped at the chance, knowing I could make a lovely Christmas present for my friend who is an avid knitter. She also likes elephant and I knew I had a cute elephant fabric in my stash that I could use for the occasion.So I planned this fabric combo for my bag:

The pattern is very easy to follow and the bag is lovely. There are lots of great finishing touches to it that I have not seen on other bags before. You can also have different combinations with the pockets/straps etc so your bag can finish different from the previous one!

They are relatively fast to put together too, I think the longest part is the quilting of the panels!
I even made a zipped pocket, I am always a bit scared of zips but it worked well!
Once I had made the bottom panel and the pocket, I changed my mind for my next fabric and went for an almost solid in a raspberry colour which I thought complimented the other 2 fabrics a lot better (I had used the same fabric for the binding of the pocket):
 Et voila, a lovely knitting bag, ready for my friend!


Oh and that is also a new OPAM for December and one item of my Finish Along Q4 list!

Reene is selling the pattern in her Etsy shop for £4.50 until the end of December so don't wait, buy it now, you know you want it.

Celine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

Blog hop and a giveaway