Baskets

I have signed up for a few more swaps (of course!) and one of them is the one-hour basket that is currently so popular in IG. I thought it would be good to have a practice and it would also make a good present for my friend's birthday.

And my one-hour basket (which has actually taken about a week because I was so slow) was actually easy and fun to make. The instructions are great and it should really take an hour if you keep at it.

I used a deco-weight fabric with Scottie dogs and some Art Gallery jungle for the lining. I really love how it turned out, I hope she does too.

And today I have been trying a mini version to send to my IG swap partner. Someone (and I can't remember who to credit, sorry) posted dimensions on IG so I decided to try it out. The construction is the same as the big basket but starting with pieces 8 x 4.75' and cutting a 1' square of the bottom.



I can see more of these in my future. And that's 3 more OPAMs for April.
Linking to Needle and Thread Thursday and Whoop Whoop Friday and this is the second item of my Q2 Finish Along list.

Celine

Comments

  1. I use a different pattern to make a similar basket. I like the fabrics you used. They are fun and make great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those Scottie dogs!

    *Visiting as a member of the official 2015 Finish-Along cheerleading squad*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse