A paper piecing marathon

This month, my UFO challenge is to finish a quilt I started 10 years ago and I need it finished by 23 May to gift it to my cousin for her 30th birthday (it was originally going to be for her 20th).

And also I have a deadline and this long standing UFO wasn't very advanced, I haven't been able to keep at it so much... I kind of didn't like it anymore but felt I had to finish it. Anyway, I did spend some time on it last week-end to try and progress it as much as possible.
 I must say that now that it is getting closer to finishing, I like it more and more. Of course, I have changed method half way through which has lead to some mistakes when I forgot to reverse the pattern...
And I have also decided not to strictly follow the pattern (you can see my scribbles), to be closer to my inspiration so I am not sure how this will work at this stage....

 And then I realised that I am not making my life easier as I will have a lovely Y seam there....
Anyway, this project has gone from a UFO status to a WIP very much in progress. I am still hoping to finish on time for the birthday party and I am glad I picked it up again.

Now when I sew I love to chain piece and I did exactly that with this project too but I was so worried that I would get mixed up if I worked on several sections at a time that I decided to chain piece other paper pieced blocks. So this week-end I also caught up on all my #bookbee blocks, 2 for Hannah (I was late sending so decided to send an extra!)

2 for Helen for a private swap

and one for Kath
After these books, I picked up another UFO (started last year) and made 2 more envelopes for mz You've Got Mail wall-hanging from another pattern by Ayumills
2 more envelopes and I will be able to put these blocks together, I am on a UFO roll... finally!

And then yesterday I couldn't resist trying out one of the Farm Girl Friday block for this week and made this little chick who still needs his legs...

And finally, I also managed to finish my Patchwork of the Cross block for May, all in pink.
and my second hexie flower for April!

So that's another 10 blocks this month, not a bad start for this month as these take me to 15 so far... Let's hope it continues!

Linking to Building Blocks TuesdayWIP WednesdayNeedle and Thread ThursdayScraptastic Tuesday and Let's Bee Social.
Celine

Comments

  1. I love your lighthouse quilt (two things dear to my heart: lighthouses and paper piecing). The Y seam will definitely be worth your time. I'll be your cheerleader. And I really like all of your other adorable projects, especially the envelope blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How incredibly busy you've been! I am in love with your lighthouse project. It's amazing! Great work on all your blocks. I especially love your Little Chick block. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lighthouse project is quite beautiful, I bet you will love it when it is one. It is always nice to get one of those long-term WIPs finished up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that chick block, I just got the Farm Girl book yesterday. Your other three projects are all looking good too. The books and envelopes are too fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes Celine keep going! Love the lighthouse and EPP in particular! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! Some fab stuff here! I followed your link at Jen's - I love the book blocks!!!! I'm making s light house too, but it's much more basic and I'm not feeling the love! I'm off next week and hope to get it close to being finished and off my guilt list!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

I am Hesat blouse