Christmas in May

Jen of Faith and Fabric has just released a very cute pattern and I have been privileged to test it for her. She had presented several items to use her cute designs in her pattern but I thought I'd try something different so I decided on some bunting.

I used a neutral linen that I had in my stash and cut some triangular bunting using this template. I cut the 6' triangle.

And then it was a matter of transferring all the little pieces on paper and then on fabric

before constructing the puzzles again

I made all 15 of Jen's designs

and linked all my triangles with a strip of binding. I used the usual 2.5 strip that I normally use for quilts folded in half. I sew it to the back first and then folded it over to the front and machine stitched it.


It is not Christmas weather around here (thankfully!) but never mind, I took a picture outside in the clematis which is so lovely at this time of year.


Jen's pattern is great and easy to follow and you can use it in so many ways, the sky is the limit really (or the free time to play!). It would be great to make some Christmas cards for example too or to decorate little gift bags for kids or adults alike.

I used Steam a Seam 2 which is great because it has temporary adhesive so it can be moved before it is ironed but yet it sticks to the fabric while you play with the pieces.

If I was to make some bunting again, I think a rectangular template would be better suited because of the shape of the designs but then it worked for me! and of course, they could be resized too if needed.
Now, hop over to Jen's blog to get her pattern and start planning what you'll do for Christmas. As for me, I have never been that early :-) And this is my one and only OPAM for this month and for a while too!
Linking to Sew Cute TuesdayLet's Bee Social.

Celine

Comments

  1. Celine, your bunting is adorable! It'll be perfect to use as home decor this coming Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from Lorna's linky: I love ALL bunting but this has got to be my favourite Christmas bunting ever - what a wonderful idea ... roll on Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this - wanted to make something similar last year but it got away from me - thanks for the reminder. Maybe this year I'll get started in time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. All ready for Christmas Celine!? What a star you are. Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your Christmas bunting. my fav holiday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant bunting! Thanks for linking up to Ho, Ho, Ho and on We Sew too

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

I am Hesat blouse

Little more progress

September in the Hexagon!