Sunday, 19 March 2017

Mabel

The dressmaking bug has hit me! And I am now eyeing (and buying dressmaking fabric)... so before I get to a non manageable stash, I thought it would be a good idea to start a new piece. I bought the Mabel pattern a few weeks ago and some lovely jersey knit fabric so last night I took the plunge and cut the skirt. I choose version  3 which is a little longer on the pattern.

I measure myself and cut all the pieces. And because it wasn't that late when I had it all cut, I started the assembling. Well it went together so fast, in an hour I had made the skirt bar the bottom hem.

I tried it on before going to bed, only to realise I had measured/seen myself fatter on the waist that what I really am.... so yesterday morning I unpicked the waist band (awful job, which also took an hour ;-( but I am glad I did it). And by the afternoon, I had a finished Mabel skirt, that fits me! I managed to sew the hem with my twin needle without a problem (so much easier after reading the instructions on how to use the twin needle in my machine booklet!)

I love it and have already worn it today!

One more OPAM for March!
Celine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments and I always try to respond to everyone. Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
There was an error in this gadget