Wanta Fanta

A quilt made with the help of my friends!


 It took 2 bees to gather almost enough blocks for this lovely pink quilt for my youngest daughter. I received the blocks in 2015 from my Bee mates but decided I needed a few more and of course... it has taken a long time to make the remaining blocks.

 I finally finished the top earlier this year and let my daughter shop my stash for the border fabric. She went for 2 pale pink fabric to frame it.
 And earlier in March, the quilt finally made it to the frame. I tried something new there by quilting with a ruler. Now I don't have a special ruler or a special foot and I was told after I posted my picture on IG that it was a bad idea to quilt with ruler with a regular quilting foot as I could have damaged my machine badly. I am glad it all went well to be honest. And I really like the effect on the borders.

 I drew some massive flowers in the middle of the white "squares"


 and this is the final quilt off the frame, ready for binding.
and done!

Quiling stats:
Fabric from my stash and my friends' stash!
Pieced from 2015 to 2017
Quilted in March 2017 with Superior Threads King Tut
Finished March 2017


One more OPAM for March, it has been a good month! and also one off my Q1 Finish Along list
Linking to  One Monthly GoalSew Cute TuesdayLet's Bee SocialNeedle and Thread ThursdayWhoop Whoop Friday.
Celine

Comments

  1. Very nice! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky daughter! Terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so very pretty, your daughter is going to treasure it for years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! What a great finish. Your daughter should cherish for years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made a version of this block in a bee last year, and I must admit I hated making it. I like ordinary piecing, I like paper piecing but I hated the combination. The end resulting quilt looks great though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilting works so great with your quilt design. What a nice friendship quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the pattern! Congrats on finishing it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that! It looks so much more difficult than the blocks actually are (once I saw the close up and could see how it was put together. I think I may need to make one of those in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quilting - glad it all worked out. This is a beautiful finish! Well done!

    Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2017 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

I am Hesat blouse

Little more progress

September in the Hexagon!